The common areas where the fungi grow rapidly include skin folds, gastrointestinal tract and mouth.
The yeast infections common in women is known as vaginitis which affects the vaginal area. Its common symptoms are burning sensation and severe itching which are characterized by white discharge. Oral thrush, oral yeast infections, may be shown by white sores appearing in and around one’s mouth. Red, irritating skin rashes caused by yeast infection are commonly found in nail beds, between the toes and fingers, underarms and genital area among others. Yeast infections in the intestinal tract may cause heartburn, bloating, abdominal cramps and diarrhea among others. As you can see, yeast infection symptoms may cause a lot of pain and discomfort. However, you can get rid of them using some simple home remedies such apple cider vinegar.
How apple cider vinegar works in the treatment of yeast infections
Apple cider vinegar is extracted by fermenting organic apples. It’s known as a rich source of valuable nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, three different types of vitamin B, beta carotene, bioflavonoids and a variety of essential minerals like potassium and calcium. There are several health benefits associated with apple cider vinegar majorly because it has all these useful nutritional components.
The toxic accumulation in the human body due to the foods eaten and surroundings may badly interfere with the body’s pH balance. This offers an ideal atmosphere for candida to grow and thrive in. If the apple cider vinegar is used as a home remedy for yeast infections, its acidic property restores the right pH level of the body. Moreover, it promotes the development of ‘good’ bacteria’. Consequently, it establishes an unfavorable atmosphere for fungus responsible for the infection and inhibits their growth. Vinegar also supplies nutrients to the body, which strengthen one’s immune system and energize it to repulse the yeast infections. Their anti-inflammatory capability minimizes inflammations and reduces yeast infection symptoms.
Using apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for yeast infection
- If the tonic is taken daily, it can treat internal yeast infections. It is not only beneficial for the intestinal yeast infections but also good for infections in other areas of the body.
– The tonic drink is prepared by mixing two teaspoonfuls of vinegar in a glass full of water and then taken.
– When preparing the tonic drink, don’t add sugar to enhance its taste as sugar influences the growth of candida, which may aggravate the infection.
– Rather than using plain water, dilute the apple cider vinegar with vegetable juice or fruit juice.
– Vinegar should never be taken in undiluted form as its acidic properties may extensively damage the tooth enamel.
In bath water
– People with skin yeast infections can add apple cider vinegar to their bath water. A
– Add one cup of vinegar in bathtub filled with warm water. Now dip your body into the water for about 15-30 minutes.
– Immediately after the bath, you would feel that the burning sensation and itchiness of the skin has significantly reduced.
– You need to have the vinegar bath every day until the infection is completely cured.
– Painful oral thrush symptoms may be treated using a homemade mouthwash with apple cider vinegar being part of it.
– To prepare the mouthwash, 2 teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar is added to a glass of warm water and the mixture stirred thoroughly.
– Take the liquid in the mouth and gurgle it for about two minutes then spit it out. But even if you gulp it, there’s no harm.
– Repeat the procedure thrice a day.
– When using the mouthwash, you might feel a minor burning sensation; however, the yeast infections would be minimized over time.
– Most women assert that using cider vinegar as a douche is actually the best home remedy for vaginal infection.
– To get this, you need to dilute three teaspoonful of vinegar with two quartz of water.
– It’s advisable to apply it twice per day until you get completely cured from the yeast infection symptoms.
– When buying apple cider vinegar for treatment of yeast infections, you need to select unfiltered and raw vinegar for the aforementioned purposes. It may be known by its cloudy appearance.
Author Bio: Sammy writes for Home Remedies Log. For further info regarding natural yeast infection remedies see http://homeremedieslog.com/yeast-infection-home-remedy/